Contract Updates for 2017
Please note the following changes to payor contracts. All changes are effective 1/1/2017.
- Aetna will no longer participate with the market exchange plans.
- Mount Carmel Health System, in collaboration with Aetna, will offer the Aetna Mount Carmel Network Plan. This plan includes Mount Carmel Clinically Integrated Network (CIN) providers, all Mount Carmel Health System hospitals and Ancillary facilities, Central Ohio Primary Care and Nationwide Children's Hospital.
Aetna Better Health
- This new plan offers Medicaid/Medicare Dual options. More detailed contract information will be sent to the Clinically Integrated Network (CIN) providers in the coming weeks.
- CareSource is now offering a Medicare Advantage Plan.
- HealthSpan will cease all lines of business effective January 1, 2017.
- Most of the insured membership and administrative services will transition to Medical Mutual of Ohio. All others will transition to other employer sponsored plans.
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- Medical Mutual will no longer offer a broad network market exchange plan. This plan is now called OhioHealth HMO and is limited to OhioHealth physicians and facilities. MMO will continue to offer broad network plans for SuperMed PPO and HMO, Supermed Preferred and HMO Health Ohio.
- CIN providers that accept the Medical Mutual contract through Mount Carmel Health Partners will recognize a fee schedule increase.